Activate Machine Nodelock Offline¶
When AIMMS cannot make a connection to the internet license server to activate a nodelock, you will get the option to activate a nodelock offline.
To complete offline nodelock activation, follow these steps:
Create request file¶
- Start AIMMS, go to License Configuration, and click Install License. This will give you the following screen:
Select Install a Single User AIMMS license and click Next
- Enter the license number and click Next.
In case AIMMS cannot determine that the license number you entered is a nodelock license, you will get an option to choose between the protection of the license: nodelock or USB dongle. Select nodelock.
- Enter the activation code for your license number and click Next.
- Choose the Machine Nodelock option and click Next.
- Choose the Offline option,
and click Browse to select a location to save the license request file. Then click Next.
Remember where you save the file, you will need it again!
AIMMS generates a license request file to the specified location. Click Finish.
Create response file¶
- Open a web browser and go the offline activation address.
Click Choose File and browse for the license request file generated in the previous step.
Enter the email address where you will receive the response file, and click Process.
Please note that you can also download the generated response file from the website, after you click Process.
The response file is downloaded automatically, and sent to the email address you provided.
Upload response file¶
- Start AIMMS again and go to License configuration.
Select the license that you are activating and click Activate.
- Browse for the response file generated in step 6, and click Next.
This should result in the following success message:
The license is now activated and ready for use.
Last Updated: February, 2020